6th March 2011: New Delhi
Shri Kapil Sibal Ji
Minister for Human Resource and Development
Govt of India,New Delhi
Muslim Students Organization of India (MSO), a representative body of Muslim Students demands from the govt. that
1. Government should promote the Peaceful Ideology of Islam i.e Sufism for the establishment of Communal Harmony and Brotherhood in the country.
2. A Central Minority University in the name of Hazrat Khawaja Gharib Nawaz University should be established as early as possible in and around AjmerSharif.
3.Hazrat Khawaja Gharib Nawaz Chair,Hazrat Nizamuddin Aulia Chair for the research and promotion of their sufi teachings should be established in Aligarh Muslim University and in Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delh ,respectively.
4. For Promotion of morality, values and brotherhood, among the students the CBSE and ICSE syllabus books should contains the chapters on the Sufism and Sufi preachers.
5. The benefit of P.M’s 15 pint Programme is not reaching to community properly . The govt. must check and monitor the corruption in these schemes, specially the Minority Scholarship schemes must be distributed directly in the account of students.
6. There are several complaints regarding harassment of Naqab (veil) wearing girls students and male students having beard only on religious grounds by the criminal groups and in some cases even by the college administration. Kindly take action to stop this discrimination in educational Institutes.
7. Reservation for the Muslim community in educational Institutions must be given in accordance with the Ranganath Commission Report.
8. UP Madrasa Board has not granted regular 700/-month Scholarship to its Students of Munshi, Maulvi and the Moallim Urdu Degree Holders of Uttar Pradesh must be given Job despite as Urdu teachers.
9. Delhi Urdu Academy has not invited application for this current year from the Urdu teachers.
10. The ministry should establish Imam training Centers to teach them all basic subjects with computers.MSO with its other parent Organization like Raza Academy, All India Ulema Mashaikh Board is ready to cooperate with the ministry in this project.
11. Jamia Ashrafia Mubarakpur Azamgarh ,the highest seat of Islamic learning of Indian Sufi Muslims has been removed from the list of recognized Madarsas by the Jawaharlal Nehru University administration without any Justification. This recognition should be granted and the govt. should establish a Central Board or Central committee to affiliate Madarsas which wish to be recognized by the Government Universities.