New Delhi: A high-level delegation of eminent Muslim organizations met Union Home Minister P Chidambaram at his North Block office here on Saturday (8th October). The leaders demanded immediate halt to the communal violence in Rudrapur town of Uttarakhand and establishment of peace. They also demanded compensation for the victim families and legal action against the culprits.
The delegation comprising Syed Babar Ashraf (Secretary, All India Ulema Mashaikh Board), Yaseen Akhtar Misbahi (Raza Academy, New Delhi), Maulana Ghulam Abdul Qaudir Habibi (MOI) ,Maulana Ali darimi of Sunni Jamiatul Ulema Kerala and Adv. Shahnawaz Warsi (General Secretary, Muslim Students Organization of India –MSO) submitted a memorandum to the home minister demanding safety and security of lives and dignity of Muslims in Rudrapur, a compensation of Rs 20 lakh each to the family of deceased, Rs 5 lakh each to the injured and proper compensation after enquiry to those whose shops and homes were looted and destroyed. They also demanded legal action on those who incited the violence.
“In this riot one of the most important points is that this is first such kind of communal riot in this whole region before or after the Independence. In which many innocent people lost their lives and hundreds of them got injuries as well as several dozen of shops and houses have been looted in the broad day light. The riot was preplanned by some communal elements, they instigated by tearing down the Holy Book of Muslims, Quran and keeping it wrapped in blood at a Shiv Mandir. When some Muslims complained it to the Police and demanded stern action they were refused and Police did not take any action. Then after passing of two days on 2nd Oct when Muslims again went to complain, then their Holy Book was again desecrated by Communal elements. Thereafter started Lathi charge, direct Police firing without use of water canon or tear gas and looting and burning of shops, all belonging to Muslim community,” says the memorandum.
“Local newspapers have reported and shown faces of rioters along with Policemen. It shows that they were shooting, looting and putting on fire the Muslims and their property. Curfew was imposed in only Muslim areas allowing miscreants to do whatever they can do at their will,” it added.
1. Ensure the safety and security of its citizens specially civilians of Rudrapur and protect the life property and dignity.
2. Initiate a high level inquiry into the whole incident to inquire the role of local Police, local communal organizations and of politicians.
3. Provide at least Rs 20 lac in compensation or govt. job to a next family member of the victims killed in the riot and Rs 5 lac to each of those who have suffered injuries and proper compensation to those whose shops and home have been set on fire or have been looted.
4. Government must ensure at least 20% representation of Muslim Community in the Police and paramilitary forces deployed during Communal riots.
5. Harsh punishment should be given through fast track courts to all those involved in starting and planning riot and are involved in killing, rioting and looting the life and property of victims.
6. Confidence building measures from the Centre Government, to send a high level delegation of Ministers to meet and realize the seriousness of the riot.
7. Immediate release of innocent students picked up by Police from the Madarsa Ghosia Rudrapur and withdrawing of charges against innocent Muslims.
8. Inquiry into all the recent blind Police firing on Muslims whether it may be Forbesganj (Bihar), Gopalgadh (Rajasthan) or Rudrapur (Uttarakhand).
केंद्रीय गृह मंत्री से की उच्च स्तरीय जांच की मांग जाका,
मुस्लिम संगठनों के प्रतिनिधियों ने केंद्रीय गृहमंत्री पी चिदंबरम से मुलाकात कर रुद्रपुर दंगे की उच्च स्तरीय जांच की मांग की। उन्होंने मृतकों के परिजनों को बीस-बीस लाख मुआवजे क…ी मांग के साथ ही जान माल की सुरक्षा की गुहार की। संसद भवन में श्री चिदंबरम से मुलाकात कर प्रतिनिधियों ने आठ सूत्रीय ज्ञापन सौंप रुद्रपुर के दंगे को सुनियोजित साजिश करार दिया। उन्होंने कहा इसकी उच्च स्तरीय जांच कर फास्ट ट्रैक कोर्ट में सुनवाई की जानी चाहिये। प्रतिनिधि मंडल ने मंत्रियों के समूह का गठन कर पीडि़तों से मुलाकात कर दंगे की गंभीरता को जानने के लिए भेजने की भी मांग की। इस मौके पर रजा एकेडमी दिल्ली के अध्यक्ष मौलाना यासीन अख्तर मिसबाही, आल इंडिया उलेमा मशाईख बोर्ड के सचिव सैय्यद बाबर अशरफ, मुस्लिम स्टूडेंट आर्गनाइजेशन ऑफ इंडिया के महासचिव आदि मौजूद थे।