Saudi Government and King Abdullah bin Abdul-Aziz: Stop Bulldozing historic Holy sites in Medina
This Petition is created to Stop the proposed vandalism of Green Dome of Medina , Riadul Jannah,Pulpit of Prophet of Islam (Sallallaholaihiwassalam) and three Mosques associated with companions of Holy Prophet Sallallaholaihiwassalam).
The current controversy of the potential Saudi demolition of Riyad-al-Jannah and the graves of Islamic caliphs Hazrat Abu Bakr (RA) and Hazrat Omar (RA) is one in a long line of projects that the world’s biggest exporter of crude oil has undertaken to erase Islamic heritage sites.
Abdullah bin Abdulaziz Al Saud,
Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques
Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
1. Mr. Saud bin Mohammed Al-Saty
Ambassador of the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques, New Delhi
2. Mr. Abdullah Bin Sulaiman Al-Essa –
As per the News Reports published worldwide that Saudi Govt. has inaugurated a Plan to expand Masjid-e-Nabwi on 25th Oct 2012.Millions of Muslims the World are aghast and are in deep sorrow to know that three Mosques of Companions of Holy Prophet (Peace and blessing upon him) ,Riadul Jannah, Green Dome and Pulpit of Holy Prophet (Peace and blessings upon him) faces threat of demolition in this expansion.
Holy Medina City is recognized by green dome and Prophet’s (Peace and blessing upon him) Holy Grave so it is natural that any attempt to change the character of any of these will make Muslim of the world worry. It is also sad to know that despite several authentic News Reports and regular inquiries, Govt. of Saudi Arabia has not issued any Public statement in this regard.
Therefore the Muslim Community , put forward following demands to Kingdom of Saudi Arabia that
(1) Saudi authorities should come out in the Media and ensure all Muslims of the world that the Green Dome of prophet Mohammad (Peace and blessings upon him) will be preserved at all costs.
(2) The Riyadh al Jannah area and the current Musallah of the Imam (Prayer Leader) should also be preserved.
(3) The three mosques, now proposed to be demolished in the western side expansion should not be touched.
(4) The expansion should be done in the northern side so that the current place of the Dome, Riyadh al-Jannah and Imam’s Musallah are not touched.
If the Govt. of Saudi Arabia did not come out in open to reply all these genuine points, then Majority of Muslims will be forced to Protest and rise against this Plan.
Muslim Students Organization of India (MSO)
An apex body of Indian Muslim Youth in India