1. When making Takbeer-e-Tahrirna (to begin one’s Salaah), it is Sunnat for men to raise their hands until their ears. Doing so is proven by many Ahadith. For the sake of brevity, we present only a few:
1. Hadrat Maalik ibn Huwairath رضی اللہ تعالٰی عنہ states, “When the Prophet صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم used to make Takbeer, he would lift his blessed hands until his cars.” 33.1 Other words of Hadith state that he lifted them until his earlobes. – Bukhari. Muslim, Tahaawi
2. Hadrat Baraa ibn Aazib رضی اللہ تعالٰی عنہ narrates, “I saw the Holy Prophetصلی اللہ علیہ وسلم lifting his hands until his ears when beginning namaaz, After that, he would never lift his hands (until his ears) again during the Salaah.’.33.1a -Abu Dawood
3. Hadrat Wail ibn Hajar رضی اللہ تعالٰی عنہ says, “I saw Rasoolullahصلی اللہ علیہ وسلم lift his hands when entering narnaaz.’ 33.2 Another narrator states that he used to lift them to his ears and thereafter cover his hands in his clothes.-Muslim
4. Hadrat Abu Qulaaba رضی اللہ تعالٰی عنہ states, “Maalik ibn Huwairath رضی اللہ تعالٰی عنہ saw the Holy Prophetصلی اللہ علیہ وسلم lift his hands until his earlobes when making Takbeer-e-Tahrirna and lifting his head from Ruku.’ 33.3 – Bukhari, Abu Dawood, Nasaa.
5. And Hadrat Anas رضی اللہ تعالٰی عنہ to narrates, “I saw the Prophet lift his hands until his ears when he made the Takbeer-e- Tahrima of Narnaaz.’ 33.4 _ Mustadraq, Daar Qutni, Baihaqi